Depression

Saw this poem entitled "Depression" by Joanne Tan in The Star. I think this is a very good piece for people who shares the same mood. Below are the poem:

Life is a pool of despair
drowning you until you see nothing
hear nothing and feel nothing.

For I am but a puppet
tied down by the strings of fate,
leaping through fire, skipping through ash,
dancing to the whistled tune of the
master puppeteer.
The days of imprisonment goes on forever,
stretching into eternity.

I want none of this
for I long my spirit to be freed, 
my soul to take flight,
my strings to be released.
A puppet's life ends when its bonds detach.
So be it then.

The curtains close at the end of the show.
A puppet lays forgotten in the dust,
lifeless unbound. Finally, I am free.

I wonder if I have misinterpreted the author's thought for she sounded like she wanted her life to end.  To be free from life's ups and downs. To no longer go through all the hardship in life.

And as she said "The curtains close at the end of the show. A puppet lays forgotten in the dust", it reminded me of 2 things. The first is William Shakespear's "Life's Brief Candle"

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

Our life is like a stage show. We are like actors/puppets waiting for our life on the stage to end. Dreading. And after our life end, who would have remember us after many many years? Life signifies nothing in the end. Just like JJ Lin's song. 一千年以后。The lyrics - "因为在 一千年以后,世界早已没有我.... 所有人都遗忘了我".