Happiness is simple

Someone thought me something invaluable quite some time back. He asked me to pursue my own happiness; not to let go off any opportunity that comes in the way because he sees that I no longer trust in it. This friend told me that I have my heart sealed so tight that no one can enter. What says you? I totally disagree =p

I remember reading this from EPL and I agree with it so much:
...people universally tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you're fortunate enough. But that's not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to practice relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessing. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. As you must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to say afloat on top of it. If you don't, you will leak away your innate contentment" (Gilbert, 200, pg 272).

You do really have to work hard towards achieving your own happiness but at the same time, happiness can be very simple. You can actually be happy just as long as you are content with what you have. Yes, people can't stay at one place, you still need to have dream to keep you motivated.

Even if you meet with any challenges, always be optimistic. I definitely agree that "all the sorrow and trouble of this world is caused by unhappy people". If you mix around with pessimistic people too long, you will also be influenced. So, stay away from negative people if possible. Being with more optimistic people will make you happier and more optimistic. I think that if you think positively, everything will seem to be more easy.

The more negative you are, the more unhappy you are. I read in The Star once that the best way to snap out of sadness is by helping people in need. It always lift the spirit and it's a good reminder that even though you are in a mess, you are not alone in experiencing difficult time. There's a lot more of people who are unfortunate than you are. You should be thankful with the blessing you get.


I am happy just boiling soup on the weekend for the one I loved :)

Herbal soup for last week.
ABC soup for the day ♥
Happiness is just plainly simple. Just be contented and optimistic with what you have :)

Buddha has a saying "what we are today comes from our thought yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind".

I think this piece of advise is very applicable in our daily life. Whenever you are sad or encounter a problem, think of this:

A professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see and asked the students "how much do you think this glass weighs?"


 "50g!""... "100g!"... "125g!"... the students answered.

"I really don't know unless I weigh it," said the professor, "but my question is: what would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes".

"Nothing", the students replied.

"Okay. What would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?" the professor asked.

"Your arm would begin to ache" said one of the student.

"You're right. Now what would happen if I held it for a day?"

"Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress and paralysis and have to go for hospital for sure!" venture another student & all the students laughed.

"Very good but during all this, did the weight of the glass change?" asked the professor.
"No" was the answer.

"Then what caused hte arm ache & the muscle stress?"
The students were puzzled.

"What should I do now to come out of the pain?" asked the professor again.

"Put the glass down!" said one of the students.

"Exactly!" said the professor.

"Life's problem are something like this. Hold it for a few minutes in your head and they seem okay. Think of them for a long time and they begin to ache. Hold it even longer and they begin to paralyze you. You will not be able to do anything. It's important to think of the challenges or problems in your life, but even more important is to "PUT THEM DOWN" at the end of every day before you go to sleep. That way, you are not stressed, you wake up everyday fresh and strong and can handle any issue, any challenge that comes your way! So, when you leave office today, remember my friend to "PUT THE GLASS DOWN TODAY!"