The Impossible Review

Two weeks of not blogging. Feels like I'm starting to abandon my blog. Watched The Impossible last night til I cried. Tears can't stop dropping down even when I tried to control. If I'm watching at home I think I'll cry badly already. Went out of the hall with swollen eyes.


The movie is based on a true story by a family whom all survived the tsunami back in 2004 which is why they called it "impossible". The whole family found each other in the devastated place at a hospital. All reunited together. I can't imagine myself having that determination to live through the whole tragedy.

The mother was..... is courageous. I can feel every single pain and agony of her injury and when she was dragged. OMG... The hall is so silent that you can hear the sound of people aching for her as well. You can see how strong a mother's love is that she keeps going because she has her son depending on her. How her son had helped her survived the tragedy. The agony of the son when the mother is no longer at her hospital bed left me weeping.

You can feel the hopelessness of the dad crying over the phone and how hard he had to make a decision to leave his little ones in the hands of others just so that he can continue searching for his wife and son.

How in the midst of such tragedy that you can see humanity within. Some being selfish and unhelpful while some whom being the midst of everything giving each other support and hope.

Walking away from the movie with deep thoughts, provoked emotions..... 感想.

Rating: 6/7