Movies Related to Childhood Story

OzzzzzzMG I forgotten to blog about Oz The Great and Powerful. At first I thought it was related to our childhood story of Land of Oz just like Hansel & Gretel. Zzzz. Trying to find the link to Hansel & Gretel only to realized I didn't blog about it. I think it slip my mind since the movie sucks big time. If so, I will cover both movie though it's a bit too late to blog about it.

Oz The Great and Powerful
The only similarity the movie has with the childhood story "Land of Oz" is the world of Oz itself. I thought the appearance of the Lion was the first twist of the childhood story but not really.



Oz The Great and Powerful is what my friends said as a typical fairy tale. They said it suits me cause I'm still very "innocence/child-like" or in Chinese they said "童真". Any way I kinda enjoy it though you know how the whole storyline is going - that the good will defeat the evil. Very fantasy like but not fake. The animation is good especially the China Doll. She is pretty and surreal.


The movie has a slight tweak. Instead of being a magician/wizard, Oz (full name Oscar) actually defeated real magic with science and technology. You have to watch the movie to know how he did it.

Rating: 3.5/7


Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters




The movie trailer looks so superb that it attracted us to watch it. My ex-art director was watching with his wife in the same movie hall but a different seating. This movie sucks. It completely destroyed my childhood Hansel & Gretel.

The movie was saying that the big witch was so so so great that they were fighting so badly. At the end, she died so easily. Like the director does not know how to end the fight any more. All the graphic inside the movie is also so damn fake. I left the cinema feeling cheated.

Rating: 1/7

Any way, won The Host movie premier. Hopefully I got the time to blog about it before my trip.