Chat Chat Chat – WeChat TVC Launch

Was invited to WeChat launch by Nuffnang on Tuesday night at Neverland KL. Got the invitation call the day before while I was working. Decided on the spot to go and see what it was because I recalled my brother saying that it is a very good app compared to Whatsapp.

I was skeptical that time. He was using WeChat on his new iPhone5 as he doesn’t want to pay for Whatsapp. Yes, WeChat is a free app. So, I thought he only says it’s better  because it is a free app.
P/S: How did he compare with Whatsapp? He has it in his Samsung Note.

WeChat is compatible for both iOS & Android.
Thus, bro used it for both phones.
Not only that, it is also available for Symbian,
BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices.

Secondly, while we were meeting some digital guys for discussion on sponsorship, Ell.T brought up WeChat saying that she used it a lot and love it. However, the digital guy said that WeChat is meant for guys to flirt with girls. So, double skepticism.

However, the invitation piqued my curiousity. I got the call while I was still in the office. By the time I got home, I immediately downloaded the app to find out more before the event.

WeChat-ified my iPhone.

WeChat has more functions than I thought. I thought it was an ordinary chat app but I was totally wrong……… WeChat was launched in China by Tencent. It is a mobile phone text and voice messaging communication. It provides a multimedia communication flexibility and convenience with test messaging, hold-to-talk voice messaging, broadcast messaging, video-chat, photo/video sharing, location sharing and contact information exchange. It also supports social networking via shared streaming content feedbas and location-based social plug-ins (‘Shake’, ‘Look Around’ and ‘Drift Bottle’) to chat with and befriend local and international WeChat users.
P/S: Those highlighted are not found in Whatsapp.

Basically, I would say it has the function of many apps within it. Many-apps-in-1. It’s a combination of Whatsapp/Line, TalkBox, ooVoo, Skype, Viber, etc. I can just delete all those apps in my phone and use WeChat. Then I don’t have to be confused with using so many apps and save my phone memory space.

The event starts at 7pm but by around 6.45pm I was just only packing to leave office. Though I pre-empted the caller that I will be late, I felt bad. Went there following Waze. The moment when I reached Prince Hotel lobby and Waze said “you have reach your destination”, I knew I was lost and felt even worst because I am going to be super late. Turned around Jalan Changkat Kia Peng and Jalan Stonor before I finally spotted Neverland KL. Rupa-rupanya it’s at the same location as Butter Factory =.=!!

Parked and walked as fast as I can to the club only to realized that I’m not that late….

There’s still a long queue for registration. *phew*

Went in and there’s a big WeChat background for photography session:

Me with WeChat soft pillow

My pic was taken by these lovely girls:
 

Not only that, they have a booth for people to take cute pictures with different frames of WeChat

I picked a cat singing theme. Why? I love karaoke-ing plus my friends love to call me Cat.

Our emcee for the day if none other than Rudy. This makes me miss JJ & Rudy radio show.


I missed the opening speech by Mr Poshu Yeung though but was on time to watch the TVC. Hehehe…

The new ambassadors are Shaheizy Sam and Lisa Surihani.

They invited good vocalist Vivian Chua…


Henley Hii…..


and Awi Rafael for performances.


 And there’s even hiphop entertainment with super duper awesome lightings


They even had contest for people to win items including Hello Kitty speakers, Dr. Dre's Beats Solo headphones and albums.

One of the contest whereby everyone’s attention was on the girl with super awesome legging.

Plus lucky draws :


BUT argh….. I didn’t bring my name card and as such wasn’t entitled for the draw. Left my namecards back in office while I was rushing to the event L

Met a few bloggers from previous events such as Stephy,  Jess Ying, Cindy Tong, Tammy, etc while I made some new friends too…

Got to know Yen Ling from this event :)

With Kelly


And Samuel

Guess I ain’t that not-sociable… Time to get on WeChat to know more people :)

Last but not least, the media kit….


Comes with a super cute WeChat talk bubble pillow that I can hug to bed


Not to be forgotten is the lovely cupcakes that night J