Talent Corp SFCF - Regret-proof your life

While I was driving home from work on Tuesday (12 Nov), one topic on radio that caught my attention – “Regret-proof your life”. What does that mean? It means to reflect if you have any thing that you didn’t do and regret about it. And what if you did it and what will the outcome be today?

For instance, I’’ve always wanted to study accountant but I did not because my dad stopped me from doing so. So, the questions to ask myself is this:
  • What if I did take up accounting in my college year?
  • Where would I stand now?
  • What differences would it made in my life?
  • Am I still interested in accounting?
  • Am I happy with what I have now?
  • Do I regret not taking accounting?
By asking all the relevant questions and you start to regret now doing what you want, then you should start thinking what can you do now to stop this regret.

Coincidently on the same morning, I’ve just attended Sector Focused Career Fair at UiTM Shah Alam Campus. UiTM campus is so big that it took me some time to locate at Dewan Seri Budiman. At the entrance, I actually saw few accounting booths – ACCA and CPA Australia – and decided to regret proof my life by asking a few questions.


There’re a lot big employers there and I think who ever has a second thought on their life should go there and seek for the right job / course to regret-proof their life. More than 40 companies were there.

There’s Shell, Ernst & Young, CIMB Bank Berhad, Pizza Hut, Prudential, Western Digital, KFC, Proton, RHB Bank….

IBM


 Kimberley Clark


And the list go on and on…..

And people can actually have an interview on the spot to meet prospect employers where there are counters open for interviews


 And also there’s a notice board with loads of job opening. It’s quite a good opportunity for anyone looking for job to be there. Whether you are student, fresh grad, unemployeed or looking to change your job, this fair really provides public with loads of career opportunity.

The Career Fair is a career awareness initiative by TalentCorp to educate public especially the university students on the opportunity that exists in the showcased industry.

The Career Fair was a short 2 days event on 12 and 13 November 2013. I just checked out Sector Focused Career Fair Facebook and saw that there are more than 4,000 people who attended the fair. And they are having more fairs that you can attend. Just click to find out more.

Don’t forget to regret-proof your life and take action to do what you like. Find a job that you like and you are passionate about it.

I left SFCF with a few booklets that I find very informative.


*Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Nuffnang