Enough Said

This is the first time I include a summary of a movie which I think have to since I think it will be more relevant for my review. You can skip the italic word if you don’t wish to read about it.

Enough Said features “a divorced and single mother, Eva (Julia Louis Dreyfus) who spends her days enjoying work as a masseuse but dreading her daughter’s impending departure for college. She meets Albert (James Gandolfini) – a sweet, funny and like-minded man also facing an empty nest.  As their romance quickly blossoms, Eva befriends Marianne (Catherine Keener), her new massage client. Marianne is a beautiful poet who seems “almost perfect” except for one prominent quality: she rags on her ex-husband way too much. Suddenly, Eva finds herself doubting her own relationship with Albert as she learns the truth about Marianne’s Ex”.


The movie goes very slowly to build a rapport with the viewers but in between, there’s humour included so that you wouldn’t fall asleep nor get bored. It suits viewers who are into slow but meaningful movie.

I personally think that it’s a very good movie in a way that it brings out an insight that most of us knew but never really bother to avoid or should I say hard to avoid. A powerful insight that get me pondering about human weakness - listening to others and most of the time ended up being influenced by the other person. It’s where we start to be confused about the way we feel about a person when we start mixing other people’s opinion about him/her. I do too even though I try to maintain as neutral as possible. I always give the person the benefits of the doubt because I believe that everyone should be given a chance for us to get to know them. Yet it’s always easier said than done. Sometimes we might end up hurting ourselves for not listening to others and this fear is what’s stopping us. I think what’s more important is to trust your gut feel. Listen to your heart. Be skeptical but not entirely be influenced by the other person.

Thanks Nuffnang for the movie passes.


Rating: 5/7