My take on Liebster Award

And so I'm back after a long break from blogging because I was busy with my sister's wedding. Finally get to really checked my FB and saw that I was nominated by Shirley Ong, Melissa Mah and Yunita Veronica for Liebster Award. Hopefully there's no more other nomination as I can only check back FB posts as far as 2 December. 


So, here's what I found out about Liebster Award. Liebster in German means "dearest", "beloved", "kindest", "favourite" etc and in this award, it's where bloggers give recognition to up-and-coming blogs of less than 200 followers. And questions are given by each bloggers to be answered. There's a rule to it where I will explain at the end of this post after I've answered all the questions from the bloggers below:

Questions from Shirley Ong:
1. What is your must-have makeup/skincare product?
It's moisturizer as my skin is very dry till the extend where it some times peeling. No brand in particular as I like to do trial and error.

2. What is your favourite colour?
I basically like a lot of colours but I were to choose 1, I'm always torn between white and pink. Since this blog is all in pink, then pink it is.

3. 3 words that describe you.
Small, Petite and Funny.

4. What would you do if you have only 1 hour left before the end of the world?
I will stay home with love one and have an enjoyable last hour on Earth.

5. If you were given the chance to travel back in time, what would you change?
Nil. Everyone has their own regrets or things that they wished to change but without all this incidents, we are not who we are today.

6. Favourite makeup brand.
I'm still exploring since I don't really do makeup.

7. Will you blog for the rest of your life?
I don't know about this but I will keep blogging as long as I'm still passionate about it.

8. Who inspire you the most in life?
I will not choose someone well known because the person who inspired me the most are people by my sides and I guess this changes as I grow older when we are at different stage of life and have different needs. However, I guess the one who inspired me the most is my MOM. She inspired me to chase for what I love and be dedicated in whatever I'm doing. 

9. Which actor do you find them hot and sexy?
Erm.... I don't have any in favour because I'm bad with names and faces. If I can become friend with somebody and I would either forgotten their name or how they look like after a few days/months even though I tried hard to. So, can you imagine about actor and actresses nor celebrities? I can remember those familiar faces but never their names.

10. What is your favourite book?
Til date, it's still Phantom of the Opera by Susan Kay. It's a rewrite of the original but has the author's imaginative part of Erik's mother and childhood and all their thoughts.

11. Do you have any life principle that you follow?
I guess everyone does withhold a certain principle in life and mine is to look at things in different perspectives. If it confused you, let me explain. Anything that happens always have 2 side of its story. But if we are perspective enough, we are able to understand what's happening as a whole (and to understand what the other person is feeling) and try to solve it in a better way. Although in the past I may have been very different, I learnt as I grow. Another principle is when something went wrong, quit blaming, say sorry and then find solution. That's way more practical then putting the blame on others or even something that doesn't make sense. First it doesn't solve the problem and secondly you make people think that you are stupid/bimbo.

Questions from Melissa Mah
1. Who or what do you love most in life?
My family.

2. If you had the choice of changing your life story would you or would you not? and why?
I guess this is very similar to Shirley's question (5) and my answer is the same.


3. What is the first thing you see when you wake up in the morning?
I'll checked the time to see if I still have extra time to sleep back/snooze. Lol...


4. What is the last thing you see before you sleep at night?
My phone.


5. If you had the chance to say something to someone, knowing that it would be the last time you see them, who and what would it be?
I'm not sure who but I would tell that person that I love him/her and that I'm sorry if I have ever hurt him/her in any ways. 


6. What do you look forward in the future?
I don't plan too long term ahead as I believe life is for us to explore and the rest of the things will slowly fit in. If there's something that I look forward to an adventure.


7. If you found a bag with tons of money in it, what would you do and why?
I will return it because I believes in Karma. Whatever you take, you will have to return at the end. And I don't feel good taking other people's belonging. That person might be saving life with that bag of money. Unless no one comes to claim it, I will donate it away.


8. If you were deserted in an island, what are the 5 things that you would like to bring along?
    1. A satellite phone so that I can call for help any where.
    2. Food and water supplies.
    3. A super big lighter.
    4. Practical clothes supplies so that they can keep me warm in the middle of the night.
    5. Army knife.

9. If you had children, would you decide their future, or would you leave it to them to decide and why?
I will let them decide their own because I do not want to deter them from doing what they love.


10. What is the most embarassing moment that ever happen in your lifetime?
I fell down in front of the assembly stage during my high school time and I was there searching for a teacher.


11. What do you like to have for breakfast?
A glass of milk to kick start the day.

Questions from Yunita Veronica 
1. Favourite make up style.
Nude and simple.


2. Something that you have learned recently.
Basic self defense skill.

3. Beauty products that you can't live without.
Moisturiser as explained on top.


4. Your favourite bloggers.
Since there's a "s" at "bloggers", it will be Timothy Tiah and FourFeetNine.


5. A sentence that described yourself.
I'm a small, petite girl that's very quiet but once you get to know me, it's the complete opposite.


6. Your favourite handbag brands.
I don't carry branded goods. I think whatever look nice would be decent enough.


7. Gold or diamond?
Gold because the value will go up.


8. Korean or American beauty brand?
Korean since it suits Asian better.


9. Your daily beauty routine?
Toner, moisturiser and voila..... I'm a lazy person.


10. How long did you sleep last night?
9 hours. I can sleep longer. Lol...


11. The best movie you have ever seen.
A Walk to Remember.


And I think I'm done. So let's get back to the rules of Liebster Award:
1) Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserves of this award and those who have less than 200 followers.
5. Give your nominees 11 questions.

Thanks Shirley, Melissa and Yunita for your nomination. Appreciate it a lot and thanks for your recognition.

I'm not going to nominate anyone nor giving 11 questions. I don't mean anything bad but I've tried to do more research about Liebster Award. It's basically like a chain message or should I call it a chain blog post. It goes on and on without an ending (this is my perception of it since there isn't a date/month/year for this award nor would there be a winner). It has many different sets of rules depending on which was "nominated" to you.

It has its good and bad I would say. Good thing is that you get to know more friends, gain more readers and lead readers to other blogs (share of readers), knowing that you are recognized by other blogger friends. Bad thing is that when 1 feel that they are obligated to blog about it. This is because, I found out that there's a curse that says that if you don't pass on this to the number of stipulated bloggers, your blog readership will go down and eventually your blog will die off. I'm still not in favour of a chain message. I usually ignore them because I believe life is already fated (be it if you are Christian, Buddhist or any other religion). 

Till then.