Cafe Hopping (Waffles)

What's your theory to the best waffles you have ever had? Standing Theory @SS2 offers quite a decent waffles around Petaling Jaya (PJ). Located at a quiet area, this cafe definitely is a must try especially the BBC Waffles. Though it's at the housing area of SS2, I must say that they are good that there's quite a crowd.

They offered 2 different waffles at different time. In the morning til afternoon (brunch), there's the famous BBC Waffle featuring crispy house-cured bacon, bananas & cornflake ice cream by Fatbaby and gula melaka.......


The evening is another waffle but I'm not sure what is it called. Just remember that the ice cream is coconut flavour.

I love the waffle especially it taste very good on its own. I just found out that they have their very own batter. Yumsss. It would have tasted even better if taken hot but lil sis took so long for pictures that the waffle is cold already. And the combination of the rest of the ingredients - salty bacon, sweet ice cream just makes it perfect.

I love the hot chocolate here too. Not too sweet and rich in cocoa taste.


Rating: 6.5/10

Total damage:
BBC Waffle RM16
Hot chocolate RM10

Address: 26, Jalan SS2/103, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Operating hours: 11am - 11pm (closed on Monday)
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/StandingTheory

Who's in for some goaty waffle? Nah... Just kidding. Finally tried out Frisky Goat @TTDI and their waffles combination is fantastic.
This time round, I restricted my lil sis on the time to take picture and quickly took a bite... verdict: the waffles is served COLD! Kinda disappointed as I've always loved my waffles hot; freshly made. The waffles does not have the milky, butter-y taste that I've always looked for in a waffle. However, I must say that the combination makes everything right and I can overlook on that part.

And the waffles are still 'crunchy'

Waffles A L'Americaine

with caramelised bananas & spiced roasted walnuts with melted chocolate, topped with vanilla ice cream & chantilly. Love this combination a lot. It's even better than BBC Waffle.

Rating: 7/10


Monsieur Ben Wafels

is their version of egg benedict served with wilted spinach over Belgian waffles and I requested not to include the beef bacon since I'm a Buddhist. My verdict: average egg benedict because 1 egg is overcooked while the other is just right. I think having the spinach is quite special though lil sis don't quite like it as she thinks that it overpowers the taste of the waffle and egg.

Rating: 5/10

Total damage: RM39.10
Waffles a L'Americaine RM18.50
Monsieur Ben Waffles RM17.00
Warm water - no charges

Service charge 10%

Address: No 72, Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Operating hours: 8am-10.30am
Facebook: www.facebook.com/FriskyGoat

I got the inside scoop to the ice creams & waffles at non other than Inside Scoop @Damansara Jaya. Trying to be cheeky with my words here. Lol.... Waffle is cold here. Not even luke warm. Seems like it's been done and left there for some time. I don't recommend you to have the waffle here. The ice cream though is a different story but ONLY SELECTED FLAVOUR. One of my selection was horrible... Tasteless and I can't even describe the flavour. Nothing like the cookies & cream that I expect.



The Durian, Valrhona Chocolate and Hazelnut on the other hand was awesome. They are rich and creamy. However, do share out the Valrhona Chocolate as it's too rich that you will get very 'jelak' having it on your own.


Rating:
Waffle: 2.5/10
Ice cream: 6/10

Total damage:
Waffle with double scoop: RM17.80 (additional RM1.50 for premium flavours)

Address: 57, Jalan SS22/19, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya.
Operating hours: Monday-Sunday, 12.30pm-11pm
Facebook: www.facebook.com/insidescoopkl