I Heart London

So I was on a trip to London last month. It was a very short trip and I did not plan any itinerary for the trip. It was just free and easy. This is my first time to London and I know nothing about this place and prior to going, I did no research nor did I Google. Being able to come to this part of the world is like a dream come true. It's funny how this is the first trip that was so free and easy that I was only planning where to go the day itself.

So, here's some sharing on where to go when you are at London:

I started off at Westminster (tube: Westminster). London Eyes and the Palace of Westminster is right at that spot.


London Eyes from afar. I did not went up as I wanted to save time to visit more area.
Palace of Westminster which is the meeting place of the House of Commons and the House of Lords, the two houses of the Parliament of United Kingdom. The building is over a hundred years old and I love the architecture in particular as it is so detail. Basically most of the architectures in UK is very detailed and I'm awed and amazed by them.

The Palace of Westminster features three main towers.



And the most famous tower of them all - Elizabeth Tower, best known as Big Ben (the name of the bell).


I slow walk around there to the churches around the area and there's a few government buildings and statues of famous people there.


From Westminster, I actually walked till Green Park and the Buckingham Palace. It takes about 20 minutes walk as I spent quite a lot of time walking and taking photos while enjoying every minute of the scenery.



You can easily spot squirrels around the park :)


As I was out in the evening, I was not able to witness the marching process at the palace.


From the palace, it's another 15 minutes walk to the area around Trafalgar Square.

On the way towards Trafalgar Square you will see St James Palace, Admiralty Arch and more...


Admiralty Arch, completion in 1912 and on top is the Latin wording:

: ANNO : DECIMO : EDWARDI : SEPTIMI : REGIS :
:VICTORIÆ :REGINAÆ : CIVES : GRATISSIMI : MDCCCCX :
(In the tenth year of King Edward VII, to Queen Victoria, from most grateful citizens, 1910)

The Arch was commissioned by King Edward VII in memory of his mother, Queen Victoria but he did not live to see its completion.

I'll put in my next post on my journey from the Palace to Trafalgar Square and places of interest around the Square which includes China Town.

Before I end this post, 1 very important thing about travelling in London is to constantly moisturize yourself as the lips and skin will peel due to the weather. My friend had chapped lips and the worst part, the lips was cracking at the corner. I've brought along Loccitane hand cream to keep myself moisturized and for lip balm, I actually used Jeanie Botanical. I love the smell/taste of the coconut lime lip balm.

Lip Butter Coconut Lime @ RM15

The lime actually makes it feel like Hudson sweet and I actually enjoy using it. As for the coconut ingredient within, the taste is not very strong. The lip balm is very moisturizing.

The product packaging can still be improved as the propel mechanism is loose and the balm keeps touching the cover and turns out a little flaccid.


My last day in UK and my lips is still soft and supple :)