Jason Bourne

Bourne. Jason Bourne.


I remember my first Bourne series was way back in 2002, Bourne Identity. Matt Damon was so young then. See the comparison:

Then

VS now


That was like 14 years ago and I would say the entire Bourne series has never been disappointing. From Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy, Bourne Ultimatum to now Jason Bourne... the movie never lacks the action and storyline. I know you would mention that it came from the Bourne Trilogy by Robert Ludlum but the movies aren't entirely the same as the storyline in the books.

And yes, there's a lot of not good/average review on Jason Bourne but I still enjoy my movie. Jason Bourne is not your typical hero or CIA movie or even spy movie. Bourne not Bond. He is more realistic - he's not the well-dressed super handsome hunk with hi-tech gadgets nor pretty ladies and martini.

No spoiler here but I didn't expect the twist in Heather Lee. Watch the movie to find out yourself what I meant. I guess the new generation is replacing the old but Jason Bourne, he's never behind. Smart, intellectual and IRREPLACEABLE. A friend of mine fell asleep watching Bourne but oh well... he slept in most movie that have lots of conversation especially at the beginning of the story :D

Rating: 4.5/7

Next movie this week, Suicide Squad. I'll let you know what I think about it since the reviews are 2 extreme - love it or hate it.